Daily juicing of fresh fruits and vegetables gives your body optimum health and an abundance of nutrients that result in glowing skin, hair and nails as well as anti-aging and energy boosting benefits. Juice fruits and vegetables with high amounts of vitamins C, E, A, K, and B complex for anti-aging and beautifying benefits. Note that juice must be fresh squeezed and consumed within 20 minutes of juicing. To benefit from juicing daily, it is more convenient and cost-effective to invest in a good juicer. Try to make this mix:
– Juice Oranges, grape fruits, kale and spinach for Vitamin C that aids the skin in collagen production, reduces free radical damage and stimulates hair growth.
– Juice kiwis and spinach for Vitamin E to protect and repair the skin through neutralizing free radicals to prevent premature aging and damage to DNA.
– Juice carrots for Vitamin A to stimulate cell regeneration so that your skin can repair itself and produce new skin tissue.
– Juice kale For Vitamin K, which heals damaged skin and keeps hair healthy.
– Juice cucumbers, spinach and beets for Vitamin B complex to stimulate hair growth, to retain moisture in the skin and to provide the basic nutrient foundation of skin, hair, and nail cells.
– MSM is an organic sulfur compound that is stored in every cell in the body, namely found in great amounts in the joints, hair, skin, and nails. Sufficient daily sulfur intake is essential for healthy and glowing hair, skin and nails, which can be easily accommodated for by a daily dosage of MSM powder! Note: always take MSM powder with Vitamin C because it enhances the effects of MSM. It is best to mix your daily dose of MSM powder with water and fresh squeezed lemon.
– Throw away your chemically loaded lotion and replace it with organic raw extra virgin coconut oil! Our skin, hair and nails respond happily to coconut oil, which comes 100% straight from mother earth and has many healing properties: antioxidant Vitamin E, anti-fungal, anti-oxidizing and anti-bacterial fatty acids. All properties of coconut oil work to deeply penetrate the hair, skin and nails to soften and protect against premature aging, reduce spots or acne, stimulate hair growth and restore protein and shine back into the skin, hair and nails. For optimal use choose organic, raw, extra virgin coconut oil as an all over body lotion and deep hair conditioning treatment.
– In order to maintain healthy and beautiful skin, hair and nails essential fats are a must, as they allow the skin, hair and nails to retain moisture. Eating oily fish such as salmon is a great way to ensure that you get enough essential fatty acids in your diet. The fatty acids within salmon have beautifying and anti-aging effects on the skin, hair and nails. Salmon is the ultimate beauty food because salmon has large amounts of vitamin B and omega-3, a combination that particularly makes the skin glow. Salmon also improves the production of collagen, melanin and keratin in the skin, as well as improve the ability of the skin to retain water. Also, wild salmon has a high content of selenium, a mineral that is known to protect the skin from sun damage. Always buy wild salmon rather than farm-raised salmon, as wild salmon is higher in omega-3 fatty acid content and vitamin D.
– Another essential fat that is key to beautiful skin, hair and nails is flax seed, which is composed mostly of omega-3 fatty acids that are known for its many health benefits, such as increased skin regenerating, anti-inflammatory, and moisturizing properties. Flaxseed not only rejuvenations your skin, it protects your skin, especially when using flax oil topically, locking in your skin’s moisture and keeping irritants out of your pores. Ultimately, flaxseed works to give your skin, hair and nails an amazingly glowing and healthier skin tone. Flaxseed should be consumed daily or applied topically in order to maintain beautiful skin, hair and nails and minimize the effects of aging. Choose organic flax seed always. You can rub plain flax seed oil gently into your skin or eat flax seeds on a daily basis by adding them to your main dishes prior to serving, use them as a topping or snack on them.
– Cacao is known as the ‘food of the gods’, it is a raw unprocessed form of chocolate that comes from cacao beans that are then ground into a raw powder for various uses. The beautifying effects and health benefits of cacao powder are wide-ranging, including a surplus of antioxidants and essential vitamins and minerals like Magnesium, calcium, sulfur, zinc, iron, protein, Fiber, Vitamins: B1, B2, B3, B5, B9, and E. These properties neutralize free radicals due to their high levels of antioxidants, protecting the skin from premature aging. The components of cacao, such as theobromine, enhance physical and mental well being by improving the mood and combating depression. Always use raw cacao powder. To easily incorporate into your daily life add cacao powder to your morning smoothie or apply topically as a face mask Incorporating each of these natural beauty foods into your everyday life will without a doubt improve your appearance and simultaneously improve your mood and health. (By Chelsea Marie Clishem)